Ring tour with a visit to Roccolo del Sauch and at Sauch mountain hut, immersed in the deciduous wood
Nature walk to appreciate the variety of Cembran vegetation and discover an ancient bird-catching system, a fascinating and ingenious plant labyrinth called 'Roccolo del Sauch'.
A stop inside the Roccolo del Sauch is a must to admire its articulated plant structure and relax on the lawn in front of it. The Rifugio Malga Sauch is perfect for refreshments while savouring traditional Trentino dishes.
Degree of difficulty according to the common symbolism: route E (on mule tracks and paths).
THE 10 RULES FOR HIKERS
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Tips and hints
Piné Cembra Tourist Office - Tel. +39 0461 683110 - email@example.com - www.visitpinecembra.it
Getting thereFrom the A22 Brenner motorway, both from the south and from the north, take the Trento Nord exit, drive along the Brenner S.S. 12 northwards untill Lavis junction, to then pass on the S.S. 612 Lavis - Castello di Fiemme, which leads to the Cembra Valley and to the town of Cembra. Just before entering the center of Cmebra, follow the signs for Lake Santo on the left. Continue uphill until you reach a parking lot along the road with coordinates N46 ° 12'0.2 E11 ° 11'40.3 1075 m a.s.l. Approximately 50 meters before the car park starts the forest road, clearly visible (there are white and blue sign for the Sauch refuge, a prohibition sign for cars and white and red warning signs).
ParkingCar park on the left on the road to Lake Santo (coordinates N46°12’0,2 E11°11’40,3 1075 m a.s.l.)
Author’s map recommendations
Hiking shoes, rain-jacket, water, sun cream.