Interesting excursion on one of the most panoramic peaks of our territory
Monte Cogne is a top in a strategic position. In this excursion we suggest to start from Malga Vernera, in order to reach the summit walking on the great dorsal between Altopiano di Piné and Valfloriana.
Among the point of interest along the path we point ouf Località Cimatti and the panoramic summit of Monte Cogne.
Degree of difficulty according to the common symbology: path E (on mule tracks and paths)
External risks along the tour: there's no appropriate signage on the path that colleague 468 and 469 paths.
THE 10 RULES FOR HIKERS
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Tips and hints
Piné Cembra Tourist Office - Tel. +39 0461 557028 - firstname.lastname@example.org - www.visitpinecembra.it
Getting thereFrom the A22 Brenner motorway (from the south exit Trento sud - from the north exit Trento north) and from the Brenner state road 12, continue on the S.S. 47 of the Valsugana for Pergine Valsugana - Padua up to the junction of the Mochena for the Piné plateau, and then transiting on the S.P. 71 towards Lona-Lases and Sover, take the direction of Montesover and once in the town of Montesover, follow the signs for Malga Vernera; from here, after several hairpin bends and about 15 minutes by car, we arrive at Malga Vernera.
Author’s map recommendations
Hiking shoes, rain-jacket, hiking poles, water, sun cream.