A fairly easy route that takes you past the Madonna di Piné sanctuary and apparition site and through the Laghestel biotope.
Starting from Miola, it leads along pleasant tarmac roads through the woods to the hamlet of Faida; from here, a gentle climb takes you to Montagnaga, passing the Sanctuary of the Madonna di Pinè. On the return journey, you cross the Laghestel biotope and from here rejoin the road to Miola.
These areas, which were hit by storm Vaia in October 2018, have radically changed their appearance in places: where there used to be wooded expanses, there are now impressive stretches of bare ground, without any trees, which nonetheless allow for panoramic views and open spaces never seen before.The tour is passable in both directions.
With a diversion, it is possible to reach the Rio Negro waterfalls at Erla di Montagnaga.
Also suitable for E-mtb
Rest stopsLaghestel Biotope
Santuario della Madonna di Pinè
BIKER’S CODE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Plan your ride
- Share the trail with other users
- Yield right of way to hikers
- Let your speed be determined by your experience
- Ride slowly on crowded trails, overtake with politeness and respect
- Cycle only on authorized and open trails
- Avoid muddy trails in order not to damage them further
- Respect nature, plants, animals and the trail
- Do not frighten animals
- Take your rubbish home with you
- Respect public and private property
- Always be selfsufficient
- Do not cycle solo in remote areas
- Take back home only good pics
ALWAYS WEAR YOUR HELMET!
Tips and hints
Piné Cembra Tourist Office - Tel. +39 0461 557028 - firstname.lastname@example.org - www.visitpinecembra.it
By car: From either south or north, from the A22 Brennero motorway (from the south exit Trento south - north exit Trento north) or from the main Brennero road n. 12; continue on the Valsugana main road SS 47 towards Pergine Valsugana-Padova; when you reach the junction with the Altopiano di Piné road, turn off into this secondary road SP 83 known as the “di Piné” road. Search for route.
Free car park at Ice Stadium of Miola
Author’s map recommendations
What do I need to bring on my bike tour?
- An adequate water supply according to your needs (considering temperature, possibility of refuelling and duration of the route)
- Plenty of snacks (for example, dried fruit or energy bars)
- Waterproof / Windproof jacket.
- A spare top / spare socks. (Descending in a sweaty garment, will make you cold)
- Bike gloves/mitts
- Map or GPS device
- Bike repair kit for punctures and mechanical breakdowns
- First aid kit
It is always advised to let someone know where you plan to go and how long you expect to be.
Emergency telephone number 112
- 2 Waypoints
- 2 Waypoints