Von der Hütte können Sie auch mit der Seilbahn zurück ins Tal fahren und somit noch länger die fantastische Aussicht genießen.
Getting thereA95, über Murnau (St2062) nach Bad Kohlgrub
ParkingHikers' car park at the valley station of the Hörnlebahn or at the Tannenbankerllift
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentYou can enjoy an unforgettable hiking experience in the Ammergau Alps as long as you have the right gear. Visit the "Best of Wandern" Test Centre in Bad Kohlgrub to try out the latest outdoor equipment free of charge.
- GPS devices
- rucksacks, child carriers, children's jackets
- multifunctional jackets
- hiking boots
- sticks and head lamps
- tour software
- snow shoes
- backpacking umbrellas
The Best of Wandern Test Centre is located at Hotel Schillingshof, directly opposite the Hörnlebahn ski lift. adress: Fallerstraße 11, Bad Kohlgrub tel.: +49 8845 7010.
For more information, visit: www.ammergauer-alpen.de/testcenter
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.