It goes down over broader paths through the mountain forest to the Romanshöhe panorama restaurant where you can stop and let your gaze wander over the Ammertal.
You hike back to the starting point via the "Altherrenweg".
Getting thereA95, B23 to Oberammergau via Ettal
ParkingHikers' car park at the WellenBerg Adventure Pool in Oberammergau
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentYou can enjoy an unforgettable hiking experience in the Ammergau Alps as long as you have the right gear. Visit the "Best of Wandern" Test Centre in Bad Kohlgrub to try out the latest outdoor equipment free of charge.
- GPS devices
- rucksacks, child carriers, children's jackets
- multifunctional jackets
- hiking boots
- sticks and head lamps
- tour software
- snow shoes
- backpacking umbrellas
The Best of Wandern Test Centre is located at Hotel Schillingshof, directly opposite the Hörnlebahn ski lift. adress: Fallerstraße 11, Bad Kohlgrub tel.: +49 8845 7010.
For more information, visit: www.ammergauer-alpen.de/testcenter
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.