A half-day hike from Schwarzach to Alberschwende with a stop at the Farnach-Moos nature reserve. This route is particularly suitable for families as there are several child-friendly stations along the way. The route leads past the ‘Ülatobel’ forest playground right at the start and later to a book box and benches where it’s great to enjoy a snack and the great view.
Distance 8.4 km
The route from Schwarzach leads across the Eulentobel through the forest to the home for the blind from where the view of the Rhine Valley and the Swiss mountains opens up. It continues in the shade and soon reaches the Farnach-Moos high moor, which is attractive at any time of the year. The fen is home to rare marsh gentians and is a protected area. The path then leads via Haag down to Alberschwende.
‘Ülatobel’ forest playground at the start of the hike.
Book box at the Farnach viewpoint.
Update: April 30, 2021
Safety information112 Emergency
Getting thereLeave the A14 Rhine Valley motorway at the Dornbirn Nord exit. Then take the L200 towards Bregenzerwald before turning left towards Schwarzach before the Achrain Tunnel.
ParkingParking places near the church in Schwarzach.
32T 557533 5254889
EquipmentSturdy shoes recommended
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view