Safety informationThe tour has been arranged to the best of our knowledge. There is no guarantee for the accuracy of statements. The tour occurs at your own risk and can be linked with the risks that always usually exist when taking part in activities in the mountains. Any liability is excluded.
Please always be considerate of pedestrians and hikers. Draw attention to yourself in due time, reduce speed, and dismount and push the bike on narrow trails. We call for respectful cooperation among hikers and bikers.
In case of emergency, please notify the nearest rescue coordination centre. Regardless of location, you can reach this throughout Germany under the telephone number 112.
Tips and hints
Getting thereFrom Munich via the A95 motorway and St2062 state road as well as from Garmisch-Partenkirchen via the federal highway B2.
ParkingParking lots in the city centre of Murnau.
Please note: guests in “The Blue Land” and the “Ammergau Alps” regions can park free of charge at a variety of municipal parking areas (maximum parking time may not be exceeded) with the electronic guest card or the KönigsCard.
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentIn order to guarantee a smooth cycling tour we recommend the following equipment:
- Bicycle helmet
- Short or long cycling pants
- Short or long jersey
- Rain jacket
- Good shoes, possibly with click-in mechanism
- Drinking system
- First aid kit
- GPS device + second set of batteries
- Up-to-date map (scale 1:50,000)
- Spare inner tube, pump
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.