A very varied cycling trip through the wonderful scenery of the Pustertal valley.
Characteristics: The bike tour takes you sometimes on asphalt tracks and sometimes on well-maintained gravel tracks across meadows and through woods on the left of the main Pustertal valley road to Brunico/Bruneck. You start at 1,175 m in San Candido/Innichen and end up at 800 m in Brunico. The difference in altitude of only 400 m is deceptive; there are some sections that are really tiring. However, most of the route is flat, and from Valdaora/Olang it is almost all downhill. Conveniently, you can put your bike on the train to return. For less experienced cyclists or for families with children, there is the option of travelling back by train from any of the villages on the way.
Starting points: San Candido/Innichen (35 km), Dobbiaco/Toblach (30 km), Villabassa/Niederdorf (27,5 km)
This tour is also suitable for e-bikes.
Getting thereYou can reach Innichen/San Candido, Toblach/Dobbiaco, Niededorf/Villabassa easily by train, by bus or by car. Please contact the Tourist Info to get information about timetables and free parking areas.
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.