Hunsrück Forests and Ehrenburg Castle
Distance 19.6 km
From Emmelshausen our bike tour goes to Dörth and from there partly along the highway and through the Hunsrück forests to Buchholz. The cycle route continues along the Niederkirchspiel cycle path to Ehrenburg Castle.The Ehrenburg: pure experience from the year 1192 with a visit to the exhibition "Knights, intrigues and romances".Return by bike to Buchholz and continue with the Hunsrück Railway to Emmelshausen.
Update: August 09, 2021
Safety informationWe recommend wearing a bicycle helmet.
ParkingTourist-Info im ZAP, Rhein-Mosel-Str. 45, 56281 Emmelshausen
32U 396856 5556933
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentA roadworthy bicycle is mandatory.
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view