Passing the legendary Loreley ("I don't know what it means"), you will reach St. Goar via the cycle path along the Rhine. Visit Rheinfels Castle, the largest castle complex on the Middle Rhine and enjoy the magnificent view into the valley. Not for nothing was the Middle Rhine Valley recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. Continue along the Rhine Cycle Path to Boppard, the pearl on the Rhine. The Hunsrück Railway will take you back on one of the steepest railroad lines in Germany.
The Hunsrückbahn can be used all day as a lift. Thus, the start is also possible from the Middle Rhine.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Rest StopFerienhof Hardthöhe
Safety informationWe recommend a bicycle helmet.
Getting thereVia the A 61 exit Emmelshausen
ParkingTourist-Info in the ZAP, Rhein-Mosel-Str. 45, 56281 Emmelshausen
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentA roadworthy bicycle is mandatory.
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.