The Hunsrück Railway Hiking Trail leads from Emmelshausen station to Boppard am Rhein station. Combine a beautiful hiking tour with an unforgettable ride on the Hunsrück Railway.
Distance 16.9 km
The Hunsrück Railway Hiking Trail leads from Emmelshausen railway station to Boppard am Rhein railway station. Combine a beautiful hiking tour with an unforgettable ride on the Hunsrück Railway, the steepest railway line north of the Alps. Take a look at the Hubertus Viaduct from Liesenfeld`s Hütte before the trail passes under the impressive bridge structure. Another highlight of the trail is the Elfenlay with great views over the Rhine loop.
The building of the railway station in Emmelshausen is still from the time
Update: August 27, 2021
Safety informationAttention at the level crossings.
Tips and hintsTourist-Info Emmelshausen
Tel.: 06747 / 93220
ParkingBuchholz railway station
32U 397185 5557132
EquipmentWe recommend sturdy shoes
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view