Traumpfad Bergschluchtenpfad Ehrenburg
Traumpfade im Rhein-Mosel-Eifel-Land Verified partner Explorers Choice
Bogen schießen auf der EhrenburgPhoto: Traumpfade im Rhein-Mosel-Eifel-Land
Through stunning landscapes on the steep slopes of the Mosel, deep canyons, along bubbling brooks, plunge into the Middle Ages at the wildly romantic Ehrenburg Castle, crowned with spectacular views of the Mosel and the Mosel valley.
Highlights at Traumpfad
- Rock trough Donnerloch
- Teufelslay mountain
- Panorama view from the Schafberg
- Nörtershausen plateau
- Wild romantic Ehrenburg Castle
Der Besuch der Ehrenburg ist eintrittspflichtig www.ehrenburg.de
Track typesShow elevation profile
Rest stopsMoselhotel Zur Traube
Historische Mühle Vogelsang
Historical mill Vogelsang
In some passages surefootedness and a head for heights is required. The trail should not be hiked in icy conditions.
Safety guidance – stay safe whilst hiking on the Traumpfade/Traumpfädchen
Hikers like narrow pathways, unspoilt natural trails (leading over the forest floor, across the grass or alongside streams) and rocky climbs which lead to spectacular views. It goes without saying that particular care should be exercised when taking such routes.
Things to bear in mind when preparing for your hike
- Wear proper clothing that is appropriate to the weather conditions and that will protect you against the cold and the wet or the heat and the sun.
- Schedule suitable breaks during your hike and make sure that you conserve energy.
- Take sufficient liquids with you. Establishments selling refreshments are not available everywhere.
- When hiking on the Traumpfade, please wear appropriate hiking boots which provide a sufficient foothold on slippery, steep, rocky and uneven paths.
- If you do not feel that you are able to negotiate certain parts of the route, then you should avoid such sections or else turn back. Natural pathways may become muddy and treacherous, especially in unfavourable weather.
- In autumn in particular, please remember that leaves lying on the ground may be concealing bumps, routes, stones or holes in the path.
- You will need to expect route impairments of this kind if you are intending to undertake a hike.
- Before setting out, visit https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfade/wege-status/ in order to find out whether the route you intend to hike is closed or whether diversions are in place. Construction works, timber felling or other disruptions may also be planned.
- Recommended hiking season: April to October
Tips and hints
Tourist-Information Sonnige Untermosel, Tel.: +49 (0)2605/8472736, email@example.com, www.sonnige-untermosel.de
Projektbüro Traumpfade, Tel.: +49 (0)261/108419, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.traumpfade.info
Traumpfade-App für iOS: App bei iTunes download
Traumpfade-App für Android: App bei Google play download
The Mountain Canyon Trail begins in Brodenbach and first leads the hiker into the "Brodenbachtal" (Brodenbach valley). Lined by steep escarpments, the trail continues uphill along narrow paths to be rewarded with spectacular views. The passage that follows through the Mosel escarpment leads to a refuge hut, where the river Mosel lies at the hiker’s feet. The next target is to conquer and go round the Schafberg mountain, from where there is a panoramic view over the entire region. Traversing the long mountain, the path goes first to Nörtershausen and then into the Brodenbach valley.
The unspoilt nature, the steep rocks and secret caves, as well as the Donnerloch with its change between rocks and bubbling water put a spell on the hiker. After leaving the valley, the mighty Ehrenburg mountain is the next target. Defiantly, Ehrenburg castle dominates perched on a rocky ledge high over the Ehrbach Crest and creates a real “medieval feeling”. Before arriving at the castle bridge, the trail goes through the unspoilt Ehrenbach valley, initially downhill, before a last climb up the final passage along the “Sonnenringpfad” leads directly into a steep slope in the direction of the Mosel valley. A narrow serpentine path turns and twists downhill to Ehrenmal, from where there is a last view of the Mosel. Having arrived at Brodenbach, the trail returns to its starting point.
Destination stop: Brodenbach Niederbach
line: 31 Koblenz Hbf – Burgen (Mosel)
B 49 along the Moselle to Brodenbach - A 61 Exit Waldesch over L207 to Moselle - 56332 Brodenbach at crossroads Salzwiese / Rhein-Mosel-Straße (B49)
56332 Brodenbach at crossroads Salzwiese / Rhein-Mosel-Straße (B49)
Book recommendation by the author
- Traumpfade & Traumpfädchen Band 1: Die 18 besten Premium-Rundwanderungen an Rhein und Mosel, Ulrike Poller & Wolfgang Todt ISBN: 978-3-942779-64-7
- 27 Premium-Rundwege Traumpfade, Jubiläumsausgabe 10 Jahre Traumpfade, Ulrike Poller & Wolfgang Todt, ISBN: 978-3-942779-43-2
Author’s map recommendations
- Freizeitkarte Mosel "Maifeld und Untermosel" (1:25 000), ISBN: 978-3-944620-16-9
Sturdy shoes are recommended for the tour!
You can find trail closures at: https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfade/wege-status/
- 35 Waypoints
- 35 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Photos from others