Hasenbach Valley - Three castle view - St. Goarshausen - Heide - Lorelei - Spitznack - Five lake viewing point - Bornichbach Valley - Forest school - Urbach Valley - Alte Burg Castle - Rosssteine viewing point - Dörscheid - Kaub
Distance 21.9 km
Many peaks are associated with powerful myths, including the Watzmann, Brocken and Lorelei hills. Since Clemens von Brentano breathed life into his heroine Lore on the ley (rock), the viewing point over the narrowest point of the Rhine has become one of Germany's most famous exports, thanks to the maiden's golden hair, while the Lorelei song is a well-established classic.
Nach dem Aussichtspunkt Spitznack dem Hinweisschild zur Felsenkanzel folgen. Hier ist ein weiterer schöner Aussichtspunkt.
Update: August 10, 2022
Rest stopsLoreley Tourist-Information
FETZ - Das Loreley Hotel
Safety informationHealth and safety
- Wear suitable weatherproof clothing that will protect you from cold, wet, heat and sunshine.
- Make sure you take regular breaks and don't overexert yourself.
- Take enough fluids with you as there are sections without rest stops.
- Wear suitable hiking boots/shoes which give you enough grip on slippery, steep, rocky and uneven surfaces.
- Avoid any sections of the route which you feel are too difficult for you. Natural trails can quickly become wet and slippery in adverse weather conditions.
- Particularly in autumn, you should be careful of uneven ground, roots, stones or holes that have been covered by leaves.
- You need to take these kinds of adverse conditions into account every time you go on a hike.
- Particularly steep and dangerous places are made safer with handrails or ropes. Please use these as safety aids. Handrails are not to be climbed on or used to get a better view!
Tips and hintswww.rheinsteig.de
Getting thereBy car: B42 to St. Goarshausen train station
Follow the path from the train station to the Hasenbach Valley (ca. 100m).
ParkingCar park at St. Goarshausen train station
32U 408132 5556840
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Suitable weatherproof clothing
- 21 Waypoints
- 21 Waypoints
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view