(1) When downloading the mobile app, the required information is transferred to the app store, in particular the username, email address and customer number linked to the account, the time of download, payment information and individual device code. We have no influence on this data collection and are not responsible for it. We process the data only to the extent that is necessary to download the app to your mobile device.
(2) When using the app, we collect the personal data described below in order to facilitate convenient use of the functions. If you choose to use our app, we collect the following data, which is a technical requirement for us to offer you the features of our app and to ensure stability and security. The legal legal basis in this regards is Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence. 1 Subsection. f) GDPR
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone in relation to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- The request’s content (specific page)
- Access status / http status code
- Volume of data transferred each time
- Website from which the request originated
- Operating system and its interface
- The language and version of the browser software
(3) We also require your device's identification, International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number, International Mobile Subscriber Identity (IMSI), mobile number (MSISDN), Wireless LAN MAC address, the name of your mobile device and e-mail address. In the event that you are a 'Pro' customer, your bank details will also be collected.
(4) In addition to the data listed above, cookies are also saved when using our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive and assigned to your chosen browser through which certain information flows to the location that sets the cookie (in this case us). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the internet more user-friendly and effective.
This mobile app uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
Transient cookies are automatically deleted once you close the app, including session cookies in particular. They store a so-called session ID, which assigns various requests to your mobile app. This allows your mobile device be recognized when you use it next time. Session cookies are deleted once you log out or close the app.
Persistent Cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which differs depending on the cookie itself. You can configure the settings of your device's operating system and the app to suit your preferences and, for example, decline to accept third party or all cookies. We would like to make you aware that doing this may make you unable to use all of the features of the app.
(5) For advertising purposes we use a so-called 'Advertising Identifier' (IDFA). This is a unique but non-personalized and non-permanent identification number for a particular device provided by iOS. The data collected through the IDFA will not be linked to any other device-related information. The IDFA is used by us to provide you with personalized advertising and to evaluate your use. If you enable 'no ad tracking' in the iOS setting under 'Privacy'-'Advertising', we are only able to take the following actions: Measure your interaction with banners by counting the number of times a banner is displayed without being clicked on ('frequency capping') and evaluate the click- through rate, unique user detection, unique user detection, security measures, fraud prevention and troubleshooting. You can delete the IDFA ('reset Advertising ID') at any time in the device settings, creating then a new IDFA that is not merged with the previously collected data. We would like to make you aware that restricting the use of the IDFA may make you unable to use all of the features of the app.
(6) Collection of your location data
Our products include so-called Location Based Services, with which we offer specific services that are tailored to your location. You are only able to use these functions after agreeing via a pop-up that we can anonymously collect both your data using GPS and your IP address for the purposes of providing a service. You can permit or disable this function within the settings of the app or your operating system at any point by calling up the settings.
Your location will be regularly relayed to us following your confirmation, at which point we will only use your last recorded location and delete previous notifications relating to your location. When the location survey is active, your smartphone indicates that the data is being processed via a compass icon in the upper bar.
For the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the customization of design, we create user profiles using pseudonyms. These are not merged with other personal data. You can object to this by pressing the corresponding button in the app's settings. You are also welcome to write to us using email@example.com or the contact details given in our legal disclosure above.
(7) Use of your address book and photos
When you start using our mobile app, we will request your permission via a pop-up to use your address book, calendar, photos and reminders. This access is optional and required to use certain functions of the app. If you allow access, the mobile app will only access your personal data to the extent that it is only transferred to our server if this is necessary for respective functionalities as described below:
In the case of the address book, access is only required to provide an emergency call function. When using this function, a fictitious contact with an emergency number is created for emergencies. You can then make a call to this contact in an emergency. Personal data is only used on your device. These are not passed on to us or to third parties.
Access to photo storage is only necessary if you want to add photos online to your content. Photos are never processed automatically. You decide when and which photos you want to upload.
This access is granted on a voluntary basis based on the consent you have given. The legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence. 1 Subsection. a) GDPR. You can withdraw your consent at any time in the system settings of your mobile device. For the sake of completeness, we would like to remind you that you may not be able to use all functions of our app if you do not give or withdraw your consent.
We will treat your data confidentially and delete it if you revoke your consent to use it or if you are no longer need the provision of services and there are no statutory retention requirements that require further storage.
(8) Apple Health
You can choose to share your activity with Apple Health. Settings to control this are in the Health app. Data from Apple Health is displayed during your workout in the Apple Watch app. Your age, height, sex and weight are only used to make better estimates for calories burned when track recording using just iPhone. During tracking the covered distance can be transferred into Health. Data from Health is not used for marketing or promotional purposes. Outdooractive uses your Heart Rate to record your heart rate in tracks, and to display the current heart rate during the recording.