The Alpspitz soars above Bargälla with its promising views. The Fürstensteig, leading through its west flank, is the most famous trail of the Rätikon- a first class hike full of contrasts and and surprises.
Distance 6.3 km
From Gaflei, the alpine trail winds its way through the sloping pastures of the Bargälla Alp up to its saddle where you can view the entire chain of Liechtenstein mountains including all their valleys and summits. Here, the summit of Alpspitz is at your fingertips. Now the trail takes you through the mountain pines, past the geographical center of Liechtenstein and up to the mountain cross - time for a break with a beautiful view at the oldest summit cross in Liechtenstein. In 1944, Martin Bamert, the Chaplain from Vaduz, had the cross erected, which can be seen for miles. From Alpspitz, the trail continues through the mountain pines to the Kamin, also sign posted as «Chemi» (Chimney), down a steep path through a gap below the Helwangs peak, and along the path below the Alpspitz Schrofen to join up with the Panorama Trail (Via Alpine) at the Gaflei saddle. Here you can decide whether you want to continue on and take the Fürstensteig Trail or turn back along the same route to the starting point in Gaflei.
Food & drink:
Berggashaus Matu in Gaflei, phone +423 262 38 20
Update: May 14, 2020
Rest StopGaflei Stuba
Safety informationSturdy footwear and surefootedness are required.
ParkingParkplätze bei Gaflei
32T 541288 5221092
Author’s map recommendations
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view