This hike leads along a ridgetop path through impressive scenery to the Rappenstein (2222 metres), a high mountain crowned by a mighty cross on its summit.
Distance 18 km
From Steg, the first climb leads to the Berggasthaus Sücka mountain in. At Kulm, the hiking trail then branches off sharply left onto the ridgetop path along the main ridge of the Liechtenstein Alps. Partly in the forest, partly with brilliant panoramic views, this up-and-down path follows the ridge over Chrüppel and Heubüal before leading to the Goldlochspitz and descending onto a saddle, where the final ascent to the summit of the Rappenstein mountain begins. To the south the huge rock faces of the Falkniskette massif dominate. The Rappenstein mountain offers hikers a magnificent panorama. On the other side of the Rhine Valley, the summits of the Glarus Alps as well as the Churfirsten and Säntis peaks in the Appenzell Alps can be seen. In good weather you can even see Lake Constance in the distance. The route back leads to the Rappenstein ridge, then right down to Alp Gapfahl and from there down into the Valüna Valley. Finally, a wide dirt road leads along the Valüna stream past Alp Valüna to Steg.
Update: May 14, 2021
ParkingParkplätze befinden sich beim Gänglesee in Steg
32T 543798 5217217
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view