Four routes lead to the Gafadura Hut: An easy hike along the track (car-free) (Alternative route A) or the steeper marked mountain path from Planken. From the valley, extended, marked mountain paths lead to the Alpine Club’s popular hut: From Nendeln in 3 hours or on the long ascent from Schaanwald via Alpzinken and the Paula hut (not in operation) in 3 to 4 hours.
A: Via the track from Planken to the Gafadura hut.
B: Via the hiking trail from Maurerberg to Schaanwald.
ParkingParkplätze gibt es am Dorfeingang von Planken, beim Gemeindezentrum oder bei der Schule. Falls die Tour in umgekehrter Richtung erfolgt, finden Sie Parkplätze bei der Post in Schaanwald.
Author’s map recommendations
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.