A: It is possible to bypass the Fürstensteig on easier mountain paths, thereby shortening the tour (via Bärgällasattel).
B: Path linking the Sücka Mountain Inn and the Steg Hotel. The 2-day tour can also be completed in reverse order from Malbun. This is less demanding in terms of fitness.
Berggasthaus Sücka Mountain Inn (+423 263 25 79) or Gafadura hut (+423 787 14 28)
ParkingDas Auto kann beim Wasserwerk Planken parkiert werden.
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentSurefootedness and a head for heights are essential. Descend carefully when there are narrow places.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.