Explore the alpine region on the circular walk around Malbun.
Distance 7 km
The route takes us first through the centre of Malbun. From the bottom lift station in Sareis we take the Sareis chairlift to the Sareiserjoch at 2,000 metres above sea level. Here walkers can enjoy the wonderful panoramic views and, if they wish, hike to the Sareiserjoch ridge in around an hour. From Sareis we descend along a gravel road past Alp Turna and then follow a series of gently rising hiking trails on the opposite side of the mountain towards Malbun. Shortly before Alp Pradamee there is a short descent into the centre of Malbun, a good place to stop off for a meal.
Instead taking the Sareis chairlift you can hike to the Sareiserjoch ridge from the centre of Malbun (+1h, 400m).
Update: May 14, 2021
Rest StopMountain restaurant Sareiserjoch
Alpenhotel Malbun - Restaurant
Galina Falconry Centre in Malbun
Bar Pizzeria Gitzihöll
Hotel Falknerei Galina - Restaurant
Hotel Turna - Restaurant
Gourmet Restaurant Malbuner Stube
Tips and hintsThe "LIstory" app has been specially developed to accompany walkers and hikers on the Liechtenstein Trail. The app can be downloaded free of charge.
- von St. Gallen über die Autobahn A13 (ca. 45 Minuten)
- von Zürich über die A3 bis Sargans, dann auf die A13 (ca. 1 Stunde)
- von München über die A96, in Österreich auf die A14 (ca. 3 Stunden)
- von Innsbruck über die A12, S16 und dann A14 (ca. 2.5 Stunden)
32T 547037 5216769
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view