The path through the longest Rätikon valley at the foothills of the Drei Schwestern (Three Sisters) is a magical tour.
Distance 13.6 km
The River Samina is the heart and soul of Liechtensteins Alpine watercourses. The water is dammed at the hamlet Steg, where the first footbridge has crossed the river since time immemorial. From the Steg Tunnel bus stop, the markings follow the road and cross the bridge before the entrance to the tunnel, where they turn right to Bödastrasse, an Alpine path that ends at Bödastall. It is here that the actual mountain trekking route begins. This extends all the way to the border, keeping to the west of the river: crossing the Sulzboden down to Kaufbödele and then continuing along the left-hand bank of the stream until it joins the Valorschbach, which descends the opposite side of the valley. At Falleck at the foot of the Drei Schwestern (Three Sisters) massif, the path shifts towards Vorarlberg and is transformed into an easy forest path (yellow-white markings) in the wild and romantic gorge. Then the trekking route leaves the River Samina and leads back up to the high-altitude village of Amerlügen in Austria on a panoramic Vorderälpele plateau.
Autumn is the perfect time of yearto embark on this hike through the valley at the foot of the Three Sisters. The first snow on the mountains, golden leaves in the valley and the cascading water of the Samina River shimmering in the sunlight.
Update: May 14, 2020
Rest StopRestaurant Bergstübli Steg
ParkingParkplätze beim Steger Tunnel (1.301 m)
32T 543677 5217835
Author’s map recommendations
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view