In Liechtenstein, this 'Via Alpina' runs along the formerly named long-distance trail 102, from the Saroja saddle to the Pfälzer hut. The Via Alpina, connecting Trieste in a wide alpine circle to Monaco, enters Liechtenstein via the Frastanz-Saroja saddle and leaves the Liechtenstein stretch of the trail after 20 km towards Grisons (Switzerland).
If travelling by bus to Planken, get off at the Hotel Saroja bus stop. From there, walk up to the Gafadura hut (distance: 3.5 km / elevation difference: 640 m).
Alpine ascent via the Three Sisters.
Descent from the Pfälzer hut to Malbun (distance: 5.5 km / elevation difference: 130 m).
Gafadura hut, Pfälzer hut, Berggasthaus Sücka mountain in
ParkingParkplätze befinden sich am Dorfeingang von Planken, beim Gemeindezentrum oder bei der Schule.
Author’s map recommendations
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.