The Sass Trail near the mountain village of Malbun is a well-signposted circular hiking trail which can be hiked throughout the year.
Distance 4.4 km
Snow hikers can enjoy the roughly two hour round tour which winds between snow walls, fur trees and snow hollows. From the car park on the outskirts of Malbun, the route leads up to the Friedenskapelle, the highest church in Liechtenstein. The trail leads gently up through forests and across meadows. Afterwards the trail leads down across the meadows of Alp Sass to the «Schneeflucht» and on to the holiday village and winter sports resort of Malbun.
Update: May 19, 2021
ParkingParkplätze befinden sich am Dorfeingang von Malbun.
32T 546116 5216763
Author’s map recommendations
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view