The St. Gerold Hermitage was built in 1933. The hermitage and its chapel were presented with the tabernacle and the Eternal Light in 1941. The building was then bought by the Sarnen Benedictine Monks in 1952. The “Einsiedler Muttergottes”, the hermit statue of Our Lady of Einsiedeln, from the chapel is placed in Ferden Church during the winter months. During the Benedictine Monks' holidays, it returns to the chapel for the celebration of Mass.