Scenic hike from Blatten via Weissenried into the Tellin valley.
Distance 4.6 km
Take a brief "power nap" on a hot slab of granite, surrounded by ibex, chamois and marmots, build dams with your children in the Gisentella or simply savour the wondrous silence of a deserted high mountain valley. The sharply pointed pyramid of the Bietschhorn to the south and the elongated Petersgrat to the north form the boundary to this jewel behind the Tellialp. From Blatten, walk via Weissenried and picturesque "Gassun" to the Tellialp and onwards in a northerly direction along the Gisentella.
The 1: 25,000 scale hiking map is your perfect companion for an unforgettable day's hiking in the Lötschental. Available from the Lötschental Tourist Information Office in Wiler or online at www.loetschental.ch/webshop
Updated: October 21, 2020
Zum Fröhlichen Jass
- We recommend that a state-certified mountain guide accompanies you on this mountain tour
- Plan your tour carefully
- Ensure that you have a full set of appropriate equipment
- Never embark on a tour alone
- Inform friends, relatives, the mountain hut supervisor or the hotel porter of your proposed tour. Report back when you arrive at your destination.
- Keep a constant eye on weather developments
- Adhere to the principle: if in doubt, turn back!
Getting thereDrive into the Lötschental from Goppenstein, past the villages of Ferden, Kippel and Wiler to Blatten as far as the old post office.
ParkingYou can park your car in the car park next to the old post office in Blatten (not free).
32T 409253 5141329
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view