An Alpine mountain tour to the SAC Hollandia Hut (3,235 m above sea level)
Start at Blatten and hike via Eisten to Kühmatt, a renowned pilgrimage site, home to the impressive baroque "Mariä Heimsuchung" Chapel (Visitation of Our Lady). The trail continues over wide pastures to the Fafleralp. The signposted mountain track leads from the Fafleralp past the Guggistafel Alpine huts to the "Guggisee" Lake. At 2,108 metres, a bridge crosses the Anenbach stream fed by the "Jägigletscher" Glacier and the route then becomes steeper. The Peter Tscherrig Anen Hut provides a splendid view over the entire Lötschental valley and its impressive surrounding glaciers. The ascent to the Lötschenlücke begins beyond the Peter Tscherrig Anen Hut. Cross the middle of the glacier "Langgletscher" at the end of the mountain path and climb underneath the steep cliff walls of the Schinhorn that fall down to the glacier and up to the Lötschenlücke, which can be seen from afar. The SAC Holladia Hut, which you will reach shortly, clings like an eagle’s nest to the rocks. The panoramic vista from this high SAC hut is simply indescribable.
The SAC Hollandia Hut:
- 3,235 metres above sea level
- Overnight accommodation for 80 people
- Starting point for the Äbeni Flue, Mittaghorn, Aletschhorn and many others
- Hut phone number: Tel. +41 (0)27 939 11 35
- Owned by SAC, Berne Division
Updated: July 10, 2019
- High-level tour for sure-footed Alpine climbers.
- Full Alpine climbing equipment (crampons etc.) is needed for this tour.
- We recommend that a state-certified mountain guide accompanies you on this mountain tour
- Plan your tour carefully
- Ensure that you have a full set of appropriate equipment
- Never embark on a tour alone
- Inform friends, relatives, the mountain hut supervisor or the hotel porter of your proposed tour. Report back when you arrive at your destination.
- Keep a constant eye on weather developments
- Adhere to the principle: if in doubt, turn back!
Tips, hints and linksOur mountain guides in the Lötschental:
Getting thereDrive into the Lötschental from Goppenstein, past the villages of Ferden, Kippel and Wiler to Blatten as far as the old post office.
ParkingYou can park your car in the car park next to the old post office in Blatten (not free).
32T 409327 5141398
EquipmentThe 1:25,000 scale hiking map is your perfect companion for an unforgettable day's hiking in the Lötschental. Available from the Lötschental Tourist Information Office in Wiler or online at www.loetschental.ch/webshop
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.