Continue to the Ganderre and Gandegga from the Fafleralp. This is where the long climb starts to the SAC Hollandia Hut via the glacier "Langgletscher". Your efforts will be rewarded! The SAC Hollandia Hut offers a magnificent view over the Konkordiaplatz to the east, the Aletschhorn to the south, and the entire length of the Lötschental Valley to the west.
- We recommend that a state-certified mountain guide accompanies you on this ski tour
- Plan your tour carefully
- Ensure that you have a full set of appropriate equipment
- Never embark on a tour alone
- Inform friends, relatives, the mountain hut supervisor or the hotel porter of your proposed tour. Report back when you arrive at your destination.
- Keep a constant eye on weather developments
- Adhere to the principle: if in doubt, turn back!
Tips, hints and linksThe SAC Hollandia Hut:
- 3,235 metres above sea level
- Overnight accommodation for 80 people
- Starting point for the Äbeni Flue, Mittaghorn, Aletschhorn and many others
- Hut phone number: Tel. +41 (0)27 939 11 35
- Owned by SAC, Berne Division
Getting thereDrive into the Lötschental from Goppenstein, past the villages of Ferden, Kippel and Wiler to Blatten as far as the old post office.
ParkingYou can leave your car in the car park by the old post office in Blatten (not free) or at Fafleralp car park (not free).
- A full set of glacier equipment is essential.
- Skitourenkarte Jungfrau 264S (The Jungfrau Region Ski-Touring Map 264S) - This 1:50,000 scale topographical map includes the ski tours in the Lötschental Valley, which are described in more detail in the SAC Tour Guide available from the Lötschental Tourist Information Office in Wiler or online at www.loetschental.ch/webshop