A challenging bike route which demands everything from you.
This bike tour offers everything you could wish for: hard ascents on hiking paths (caution: hikers always have priority) and thrilling descents on forest tracks. The moderately difficult tour provides a considerable total vertical climb. Savour the magnificent view across to the Bietschhorn - the “King of Valais” - from the highest point at 2,134 metres above sea level.
Order a free copy of the "Lötschental Bike Map" from the Lötschental Tourist Information Office or online at www.loetschental.ch/prospekte
- Only use marked routes and roads and follow the signs.
- Look out for walkers and hikers, respect their need for peace and quiet and give them priority at all times.
- Treat plants and animals with care. Act responsibly towards nature and the environment.
- Show consideration for the needs of farmers. Close gates and do not cut across country.
- Please note that you ride these routes at your own risk and that the landowners are not liable in the event of accidents.
Getting thereDrive into the Lötschental from Goppenstein, past the villages of Ferden, Kippel and Wiler to Blatten as far as the old post office.
ParkingYou can park your car in the car park next to the old post office in Blatten (not free).
32T 409266 5141462
- Hire a bike from the Snack Bar Restialp (Tel. +41 (0)27 939 16 00) and enjoy a racy ride to Ferden. The bikes can be returned at the Hotel Ambord in Ferden. Please bring along your own helmet. Price: CHF 15.00
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.