This route is particularly suitable for tours with the e-bike.
An easy route, especially suitable for cyclists looking for a more leisurely ride. The route is mainly on tarmac roads and forest tracks and takes you right through the "magic valley". You will "swing" past the typical Valais villages of Ferden, Kippel, Wiler and Blatten, following the picturesque Lonza mountain stream. Cultural highlights on this route include the well-known pilgrimage site of Kühmatt and the lovely village of Blatten. Make a brief detour into the old village of Blatten with its village bakery, sawmill-gristmill-weaving mill complex and the village hall. Savour the legendary view over the Lötschenlücke Gap when you arrive at the Fafleralp.
Order a free copy of the "Lötschental Bike Map" from the Lötschental Tourist Information Office or online at www.loetschental.ch/prospekte
- Only use marked routes and roads and follow the signs.
- Look out for walkers and hikers, respect their need for peace and quiet and give them priority at all times.
- Treat plants and animals with care. Act responsibly towards nature and the environment.
- Show consideration for the needs of farmers. Close gates and do not cut across country.
- Please note that you ride these routes at your own risk and that the landowners are not liable in the event of accidents.
Getting thereDrive into the Lötschental from Goppenstein, past the villages of Ferden and Kippel as far as Wiler to the valley cable car station.
ParkingYou can park your car in the outdoor car park or in the indoor car park beside the cable car valley station (not free).
32T 406077 5139423
Push the arrows to change the view