A thrilling hike through the Baannwald Forest.
Follow the road towards the Fafleralp from the Lauchernalp mountain station before the route towards Wiler begins on the right. The hiking trail meanders through the cool Baannwald Forest to the village of Wiler. The highlights of this section are the carved tree figures cut in the Baannwald Forest.
The 1:25,000 scale hiking map is your perfect companion for an unforgettable day's hiking in the Lötschental. Available from the Lötschental Tourist Information Office in Wiler or online at www.loetschental.ch/webshop
Updated: December 01, 2020
- Plan your tour carefully
- Ensure that you have a full set of appropriate equipment
- Never embark on a tour alone
- Inform friends, relatives, the mountain hut supervisor or the hotel porter of your proposed tour. Report back when you arrive at your destination.
- Keep a constant eye on weather developments
- Adhere to the principle: if in doubt, turn back!
Getting thereDrive into the Lötschental from Goppenstein, past the villages of Ferden and Kippel as far as Wiler to the valley cable car station. Take the cable car up to the Lauchernalp.
ParkingYou can park your car in the outdoor car park or in the indoor car park beside the cable car valley station (not free).
32T 405778 5140469
Push the arrows to change the view