A leisurely hike from Wiler to Blatten.
From Wiler, head towards Weissenried. The Chapel of St. George is situated in the small enchanting hamlet of Weissenried and the tranquillity and remoteness of this place invites visitors to linger a while and relax. From Weissenried, continue on to Blatten. The "Im Brand" Shrine dedicated to Saint Anthony of Padua is situated halfway along this section. In Blatten you will find timber houses clad with stone slabs, typical Valais granaries and pure, unspoilt nature with a wide range of flora and fauna. Make a brief detour into the old village of Blatten with its village oven and mill complex.
The 1:25,000 scale hiking map is your perfect companion for an unforgettable day's hiking in the Lötschental. Available from the Lötschental Tourist Information Office in Wiler or online at www.loetschental.ch/webshop
Updated: May 08, 2020
- Plan your tour carefully
- Ensure that you have a full set of appropriate equipment
- Never embark on a tour alone
- Inform friends, relatives, the mountain hut supervisor or the hotel porter of your proposed tour. Report back when you arrive at your destination.
- Keep a constant eye on weather developments
- Adhere to the principle: if in doubt, turn back!
Getting thereDrive into the Lötschental from Goppenstein, past the villages of Ferden and Kippel as far as Wiler to the valley cable car station.
ParkingYou can park your car in the outdoor car park or in the indoor car park beside the cable car valley station (not free).
32T 406023 5139347
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.