Enjoy this short hike to the "Chrindellicka" - a site of special energy.
The Chrindellicka is a site of special energy in Switzerland. The magnificent viewpoint can be easily reached from the Fafleralp along a path hemmed with evergreen bearberries and larches. Higher up, gnarled stone pines and, at the end of the path, a weathered cross brave the elements. The view sweeps over the snow-clad Petersgrat to the Rothörner in the west and onward to the Bietschhorn. The Lötschenlücke in the east is one of the most beautiful upper valleys in the Alps. Return to Fafleralp along the same route (approx. 1 hour).
The 1: 25,000 scale hiking map is your perfect companion for an unforgettable day's hiking in the Lötschental. Available from the Lötschental Tourist Information Office in Wiler or online at www.loetschental.ch/webshop
Updated: June 10, 2020
- Plan your tour carefully
- Ensure that you have a full set of appropriate equipment
- Never embark on a tour alone
- Inform friends, relatives, the mountain hut supervisor or the hotel porter of your proposed tour. Report back when you arrive at your destination.
- Keep a constant eye on weather developments
- Adhere to the principle: if in doubt, turn back!
Getting thereDrive into the Lötschental from Goppenstein, past the villages of Ferden, Kippel, Wiler and Blatten to the Fafleralp car park.
ParkingYou can park your car in the Fafleralp car park (not free).
32T 412567 5142980
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.