A rewarding hike from Ferden to the Faldumalp.
Start your tour to the Faldumalp in Ferden. From there an old Alpine path leads at a pleasant gradient past many blueberry plants up to the summit famed for its views. Each metre of the climb rewards you with more and more of the breathtaking mountain panorama. On the Faldumalp you can also visit the beautiful chapel dedicated to "Maria zum Schnee" (Our Lady of the Snow) and you will also be treated to a magnificent view over the entire Lötschental. As there are no places to stop off for a bite to eat on this tour, you should ensure that you have adequate food and drink with you.
The 1:25,000 scale hiking map is your perfect companion for an unforgettable day's hiking in the Lötschental. Available from the Lötschental Tourist Information Office in Wiler or online at www.loetschental.ch/webshop
Updated: December 01, 2020
- Plan your tour carefully
- Ensure that you have a full set of appropriate equipment
- Never embark on a tour alone
- Inform friends, relatives, the mountain hut supervisor or the hotel porter of your proposed tour. Report back when you arrive at your destination.
- Keep a constant eye on weather developments
- Adhere to the principle: if in doubt, turn back!
Getting thereDrive into the Lötschental from Goppenstein as far as the village of Ferden.
ParkingYou can park your car in the car park by the "Ferden, Dorf" postbus stop or in the car park (not free).
32T 404659 5138596
Push the arrows to change the view