Rewarding mountain hike from Ferden to the Niwen .
The climb to the Niwen, also known as Einigs Alichji, begins in Ferden and initially heads towards Faldumalp. The path to Niwen is marked from the Faldumalp and passes through impressively huge rock causeways and avalanche constructions built by the BLS. The continuing climb via Stritungrat and Niwengrat is simple – you will need your hands for a small ledge. Then you are at the peak of the Niwen, at a height of 2769 m above sea level. From the Niwen you have a view of the entire Lötschental and the central Rhone Valley. As for the descent to Jeizinen we recommend a mountain guide, as this route is a skiing route.
The 1:25,000 scale hiking map is your perfect companion for an unforgettable day's hiking in the Lötschental. Available from the Lötschental Tourist Information Office in Wiler or online at www.loetschental.ch/webshop
- Plan your tour carefully
- Ensure that you have a full set of appropriate equipment
- Never embark on a tour alone
- Inform friends, relatives, the mountain hut supervisor or the hotel porter of your proposed tour. Report back when you arrive at your destination.
- Keep a constant eye on weather developments
- Adhere to the principle: if in doubt, turn back!
Getting thereDrive into the Lötschental from Goppenstein as far as the village of Ferden.
ParkingYou can park your car in the car park by the "Ferden, Dorf" postbus stop or in the car park (not free).
32T 404659 5138596
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.