Magnificent circular hike up to the glacier snout of the "Langgletscher".
Distance 10.1 km
If it is protected, then it must be valuable. How valuable must a region be if parts of it are protected three times over? This entire region lies within the UNESCO Jungfrau - Aletsch World Heritage Site. The alluvial and moraine landscape in the uppermost part is of national importance and a section of the walk passes through a Federal no-hunting area. Enjoy this easy circular walk in the uppermost Lötschental, an area of breathtaking wilderness.
The 1:25,000 scale hiking map is your perfect companion for an unforgettable day's hiking in the Lötschental. Available from the Lötschental Tourist Information Office in Wiler or online at www.loetschental.ch/webshop
Update: November 02, 2021
- Plan your tour carefully
- Ensure that you have a full set of appropriate equipment
- Never embark on a tour alone
- Inform friends, relatives, the mountain hut supervisor or the hotel porter of your proposed tour. Report back when you arrive at your destination.
- Keep a constant eye on weather developments
- Adhere to the principle: if in doubt, turn back!
Getting thereDrive into the Lötschental from Goppenstein, past the villages of Ferden, Kippel, Wiler and Blatten to the Fafleralp car park.
ParkingYou can park your car in the Fafleralp car park (not free).
32T 412595 5142954
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view