Fantastic circular hike to the Hockuchriz.
Start your walk at Lauchernalp, from where it takes around 2hrs to hike to the Hockuchriz via Stafel. Relish the magnificent view at 2,593m above sea level. Take a breather on the descent to the Kummenalp and pop in to the Guesthouse Kummenalp for some sustenance. Newly fortified at the Kummenalp, enjoy another part of the Lötschental Panoramic Trail up to the Lauchernalp.
The 1: 25,000 scale hiking map is your perfect companion for an unforgettable day's hiking in the Lötschental. Available from the Lötschental Tourist Information Office in Wiler or online at www.loetschental.ch/webshop
- Plan your tour carefully
- Ensure that you have a full set of appropriate equipment
- Never embark on a tour alone
- Inform friends, relatives, the mountain hut supervisor or the hotel porter of your proposed tour. Report back when you arrive at your destination.
- Keep a constant eye on weather developments
- Adhere to the principle: if in doubt, turn back!
Getting thereDrive into the Lötschental from Goppenstein, past the villages of Ferden and Kippel as far as Wiler to the valley cable car station. Take the cable car up to the Lauchernalp.
ParkingYou can park your car in the outdoor car park or in the indoor car park beside the cable car valley station (not free).
32T 405795 5140475
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.