Wonderful hike through the "Uister Tal" (Outer Valley) to the romantic "Blauseeli" (Blue Lake) .
From the Fafleralp, follow the Lötschental Panoramic Trail and, after 500 metres or so, turn right at the stream and walk in a northerly direction into the "Uister Tal" (Outer Valley). At the very end, the path becomes steeper and is more challenging in terms of orientation and fitness. Delicately violet Alpine flax weed grows among the rock debris and at the top melt water flows in small gullies into the turquoise-coloured "Blauseeli" (Blue Lake). Take a seat on the granite rocks, which have been polished by the glacier, and enjoy the view! Return to Fafleralp along the same route (approx. 1 hour 35min).
The 1: 25,000 scale hiking map is your perfect companion for an unforgettable day's hiking in the Lötschental. Available from the Lötschental Tourist Information Office in Wiler or online at www.loetschental.ch/webshop
Updated: October 21, 2020
- Plan your tour carefully
- Ensure that you have a full set of appropriate equipment
- Never embark on a tour alone
- Inform friends, relatives, the mountain hut supervisor or the hotel porter of your proposed tour. Report back when you arrive at your destination.
- Keep a constant eye on weather developments
- Adhere to the principle: if in doubt, turn back!
Getting thereDrive into the Lötschental from Goppenstein, past the villages of Ferden, Kippel, Wiler and Blatten to the Fafleralp car park.
ParkingYou can park your car in the Fafleralp car park (not free).
32T 412569 5142982
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.