The ultimate mountaineering experience with a panoramic view across to Europe's highest mountain, Mount Blanc at a height of 4810 metres above sea level.
Highlights on this tour include:
- Alpine landscape surrounded by glaciers
- A visit to the Anenhütte, the "most exclusive mountain lodge in the Alps"
- Mountain-top experience with snow shoes
- Panoramic view across to the Mont Blanc massif
Our mountain guides in the Lötschental:
Guided snowshoe hikes are also offered by Karl Henzen, qualified snowshoe hiking leader. For information visit www.alpwandern.ch
- We would strongly recommend the services of a state-certified mountain guide or hiking leader for every snowshoe tour.
- Plan your tour carefully
- Ensure that you have a full set of appropriate equipment
- Never embark on a tour alone
- Inform friends, relatives, the mountain hut supervisor or the hotel porter of your proposed tour. Report back when you arrive at your destination.
- Keep a constant eye on weather developments
- Adhere to the principle: if in doubt, turn back!
Tips, hints and linksSnowshoe Map of the Lötschental 1:50,000 - Region covered: Lötschental, Leukerbad, Kandertal, Adelboden, Lenk, Entschligetal (Bernese Oberland / Valais). Available from the Lötschental Tourist Information Office in Wiler or online at www.loetschental.ch/webshop
Getting thereDrive into the Lötschental from Goppenstein, past the villages of Ferden, Kippel and Wiler to Blatten as far as the old post office.
ParkingYou can park your car in the car park next to the old post office in Blatten (not free).
32T 409213 5141304
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.