A route suitable for all abilities, with a slightly steeper climb in the middle of the route.
Highlights on this tour include:
- A viewpoint across the entire Lötschental Valley and the Lauchernalp ski resort from the Lauchernalp Chapel at 2,110 m above sea level.
- Lauchernalp Chapel and Hockenalp Chapel
- A viewpoint at the Arbäkreuz over the entire Lötschental Valley
- Panoramic views and unspoiled nature
Snowshoe Map of the Lötschental 1:50,000 - Region covered: Lötschental, Leukerbad, Kandertal, Adelboden, Lenk, Entschligetal (Bernese Oberland / Valais). Available from the Lötschental Tourist Information Office in Wiler or online at www.loetschental.ch/webshop
Updated: December 20, 2017
- Plan your tour carefully
- Ensure that you have a full set of appropriate equipment
- Never embark on a tour alone
- Inform friends, relatives, the mountain hut supervisor or the hotel porter of your proposed tour. Report back when you arrive at your destination.
- Keep a constant eye on weather developments
- Adhere to the principle: if in doubt, turn back!
Getting thereDrive into the Lötschental from Goppenstein, past the villages of Ferden and Kippel as far as Wiler to the valley cable car station. Take the cable car up to the Lauchernalp.
ParkingYou can park your car in the outdoor car park or in the indoor car park beside the cable car valley station (not free).
32T 405786 5140481
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.