Ask a local Lötschental mountain guide to join you on this excursion:
- Jaggy Benedikt Tel. +41 (0)79 774 83 20
- Fleck Lutz Phone +41 (0)78 629 47 33
Guided snowshoe hikes are also offered by Henzen Karl, qualified snowshoe hiking guide. Information at www.alpwandern.ch
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Valais/Wallis Promotion accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on “Print” icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals. Do not leave any waste in nature.
- Take extra care protecting yourself from the sun at altitude. UV radiation can be exceptionally strong, even in cloudy weather.
- Plan hike carefully: take into consideration fitness level of each participant, weather forecast and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains, without warning. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide. Take note of the warning signs that point out the constant danger, especially the danger of avalanches.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible, avoid going alone.
Tips, hints and links
More information about the destination:
Getting thereFrom Goppenstein you drive into the Lötschental, past the villages of Ferden, Kippel, Wiler to Blatten, at the old post office.
ParkingYou can park your car at the car park by the old post office in Blatten (subject to charge) or later on at the Fafleralp car park (subject to charge).
Book recommendation by the author
- Good, waterproof footwear
- hiking poles
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water, picnic
- printout of this hike (click “Print” icon, top right, to download)