Above Weissenried clip your snowshoes onto your feet. Follow the road through the recommended undisturbed wildlife habitat as far as Tellistafel. You now find yourself on the edge of the Blatten undisturbed wildlife habitat, which you are not permitted to enter.
On your return, head right along the stream, past the Firt shrine, as far as Blatten.
Guided snowshoe hikes are also offered by Karl Henzen, qualified snowshoe hiking leader. For information visit www.alpwandern.ch
- We would strongly recommend the services of a state-certified mountain guide or hiking leader for every snowshoe tour
- Plan your tour carefully
- Ensure that you have a full set of appropriate equipment
- Never embark on a tour alone
- Inform friends, relatives, the mountain hut supervisor or the hotel porter of your proposed tour. Report back when you arrive at your destination.
- Keep a constant eye on weather developments
- Adhere to the principle: if in doubt, turn back!