Become the King or Queen of the Legends!
Do you want to hike, have fun and learn something new? Walk along the Legend Trail and answer the tricky questions in the Legend Quiz. You will be rewarded with a small gift if you manage to answer all of the questions correctly! Visit the Lötschental Tourist Information Office, the Lauchernalp cable car or the Fafleralp Snack Bar to obtain a copy of the quiz and receive your gift. Order a free copy of the "Legend Quiz" flyer from the Lötschental Tourist Information Office or online at www.loetschental.ch/prospekte
- Plan your tour carefully
- Ensure that you have a full set of appropriate equipment
- Never embark on a tour alone
- Inform friends, relatives, the mountain hut supervisor or the hotel porter of your proposed tour. Report back when you arrive at your destination.
- Keep a constant eye on weather developments
- Adhere to the principle: if in doubt, turn back!
Getting thereDrive into the Lötschental from Goppenstein, past the villages of Ferden and Kippel as far as Wiler to the valley cable car station. Take the cable car up to the Lauchernalp.
ParkingYou can park your car in the outdoor car park or in the indoor car park beside the cable car valley station (not free).
EquipmentFestes Schuhwerk, dem Wetter angepasste Kleidung, ggf. Wanderstöcke, ausreichend Wasser
Basic Equipment for Nature Trails
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.