Enchanting hike through the valley from Ferden to Kippel.
Start your winter hike in Ferden, the lowermost village in the Lötschental. The path takes you through the old village of Ferden, where you can marvel at buildings dating back to the 14th and 15th centuries. Cross to the other side of the street at the Golmbach Gallery and enjoy a leisurely hike to Kippel. The Lötschental Museum and the A. Nyfeler Gallery are both worth visiting in Kippel, the unofficial cultural capital of the Lötschental.
Order a free copy of the "Cross-country Ski Runs and Winter Hiking Routes" brochure from the Lötschental Tourist Information Office or online at www.loetschental.ch/prospekte
- Plan your tour carefully
- Ensure that you have a full set of appropriate equipment
- Never embark on a tour alone
- Inform friends, relatives, the mountain hut supervisor or the hotel porter of your proposed tour. Report back when you arrive at your destination.
- Keep a constant eye on weather developments
- Adhere to the principle: if in doubt, turn back!
Getting thereDrive into the Lötschental from Goppenstein as far as the village of Ferden.
ParkingYou can park your car in the car park by the "Ferden, Dorf" postbus stop or in the car park (not free).
32T 404656 5138596
Push the arrows to change the view