Low-level winter hike through the magic valley.
Hike along this pleasant valley route along the wild River Lonza and marvel at the typical Valais villages of Kippel, Wiler and Blatten. There is an opportunity to leave and join the trail at each village.
Order a free copy of the "Cross-country Ski Runs and Winter Hiking Routes" brochure from the Lötschental Tourist Information Office or online at www.loetschental.ch/prospekte
- Plan your tour carefully
- Ensure that you have a full set of appropriate equipment
- Never embark on a tour alone
- Inform friends, relatives, the mountain hut supervisor or the hotel porter of your proposed tour. Report back when you arrive at your destination.
- Keep a constant eye on weather developments
- Adhere to the principle: if in doubt, turn back!
Getting thereDrive into the Lötschental from Goppenstein, past the village of Ferden to Kippel, Post.
ParkingYou can park your car in the Kippel car park (not free).
32T 405617 5139157
Push the arrows to change the view