Rest StopFerme-auberge Schafert
Safety informationBefore you go:
Check the general and local weather forecast, making sure there is no precipitation.
Get information on the approach route, height of the route, travel time, possible escape (IGN map, GPS, topo-guide, etc...).
Evaluate possible risks by asking mountain professionals, mountain huts, gîtes, etc.
Ask someone close to your objective and contact him/her again in case of changes: departure and return times, number of participants with the telephone number of each, vehicle(s), car park, etc.
Avoid going alone, use equipment that is appropriate for the activity, adjusted and in good condition, headlamp, complete first aid kit, survival blanket, etc...
In case of problems, call 112 (European emergency number).
Tips and hintswww.massif-des-vosges.com
Getting there68820 Kruth
ParkingParking close to the starting point.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
- Clothing adapted to the season and conditions (cold, hot, wet...)
- Hiking boots adapted to the terrain (even for children!)
- Hiking poles (useful for stability and to relieve the joints)
- Mobile phone and spare battery
Basic Equipment for Nature Trails
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.