The 14-kilometre-long tour in Wiesensteig starts on the outskirts of the town at the Papiermühle car park and initially takes you up the Autal with its beautiful ravines up to the Alb plateau. A little later you reach the mystical backdrop of the Reußenstein castle ruins. It stands boldly on the towering rocky reef on the northern edge of the Swabian Alb. It is one of the most beautiful castle ruins with a magnificent view of the Neidling valley. Legendary views await you as you continue along the path on the edge of the Albtrauf.
It continues through the protected forest and on natural paths towards Schertels cave. Starting from the Löwenpfad, the path to this cave - one of the most worth seeing and richest in stalactites in the Swabian Alb - is marked separately. Further on the path leads back to the Hasen valley and to one of the highlights of the loop trail: the source of the river Fils. Once there, a hut and two barbecue areas await you as well as an impressive scenery of meadows, forests, and the river Fils. The loop trail bids you farewell with one of its most beautiful sections along the river Fils on enchanted paths.
For further information please follow the link: www.loewenpfade.de
Rest stopsHotel-Gasthof "Am Selteltor"
Panoramahotel & Restaurant - Albhotel Malakoff
Gasthof zum See
Gasthof Café zum Filsursprung
Mühlwerk | Café & mehr
Tips and hintsRespectful cooperation in the district of Göppingen.
Code of Conduct:
- Please respect path-blockings and quiet zones.
- Please do not leave any rubbish, animal excrements, … e.g.
- Please act foresightful and considerate. Adapt your behaviour to the current situation. Safety comes first.
- Please respect other hikers.
- Please be considerate of animals and nature
- Please plan your trips ahead. Plan your trips during daytime and try to avoid dawn and dusk.
- Please consider entry bans of agricultural areas during vegetation period.
- Please stay on marked paths and avoid forest borders so wildlife can get used to humans.
Getting thereWiesensteig is located directly on the BAB A 8 Stuttgart-Munich: exit Wiesensteig/Mühlhausen. From Mühlhausen im Täle it is another 4 km to Wiesensteig.
ParkingThere are enough parking spaces available at the Papiermühle car park.
- Short-term parking for cars (not mobile homes and buses)
- up to 2 hours: 3 euros
- Day ticket for cars from 2 hours: 5 euros
- Day ticket mobile homes and buses: 8 euros
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentGood footwear and sure-footedness are recommended.
- 32 Waypoints
- 32 Waypoints