Into the peace of the forests.
Not so popular, but wonderful track through the unchainted nature of Park Adamello Brenta.
1) prepare your itinerary
2) choose an excursion appropiate for your real ability and training level
3) choose the fitting equimpent
4) check the weather forecast
5) hiking alone is risky
6) give details about your itinerary and about the approximate hour of your return
7) do not hesitate to entrust you to an expert
8) pay attention to the indication and signals you will find along your journey
9) do not hesitate to retrace your steps
10) in case of accident: ask for help and call the number 112
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hintsTouristboard Dolomiti Paganella
Getting thereFrom the motorway exit Trento nord we drive direction val di Non and Altopiano della Paganella; just afer the long tunnel by Mezzolombardo, we turn right (SP 64), to Fai della Paganella and Andalo.
ParkingAndalo town centre and at the swimming pool closed to the crossing ski slope.
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentWarm clothes, snowshoes, walking slopes.
Basic Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.