The route passes through the idyllic village Lantsch/Lenz down towards the restaurant Tgoma and then onto the end of the asphalt road. Following a steep climb through the woods you come to Val Meltger hanging-bridge. Here avalanches annually ripped the old bridges away, demonstrating just how much power they have. The solution to this problem is the hanging-bridge which is now suspended 12 metres above the ground. The tour continues on towards a lonely Alp hut. Taking a break here is ideal; a majestic view opens towards Savognin, the Julierpass and into the Engadin. The descent drops mostly through woodland, but don't miss the side tour to the romantic lake Lai la Villa. A thirst-quenching drink from the spring refreshes you before you make your way back to Lantsch/Lenz.
Tips and hints
- After passing the village Lantsch/Lenz the ascent to the hanging-bridge at Val Meltger is very steep.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.