Scenic hike from Preda past crystal-clear Lake Palpuogna, through the Crap Alv natural forest and over the stony Fuorcla Crap Alv to Spinas and on to Bever.
Distance 15.8 km
Take the train to Preda and climb up to the crystal-clear Palpuogna lake. Past the shores of the lake, the trail continues to climb, first along the pass road, until it branches off to the right to the green-blue lakes of Crap Alv Lajets and on to Fuorcla Crap Alv. Enjoy the view into Val Bever and of the striking Piz Ot. The descent is steep down into Val Bever, where you reach the gravel road. A certain amount of surefootedness is required for the descent. The last section leads comfortably to Bever.
On high sections, snowfields are possible until the summer months.
AuthorEngadin St. Moritz
Update: May 22, 2021
32T 559536 5159714
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view