The starting point of this snowshoeing round tour is the town hall in Lantsch/Lenz. From there, follow the winter hiking path towards Roland Arena Lenzerheide. After arriving there, you will enter the forest via the cantonal street. Through the quiet forest landscape, the small lake "Lai la Villa" is reached on the winter hiking trail.
After a short breather, the trail runs south along a non-prepared road. At the crossroads turn left and follow the road to Vasternos. A magnificent mountain panorama to Mon and Stierva awaits snowshoe hikers here.
The real highlight of the tour comes now: the suspension bridge Val Meltger. Here, every winter, the power of avalanches can be seen: they annually hoisted the old bridge, so that now a suspension bridge was built twelve meters above the ground. After reaching Rofna, the highest point of the tour, you will return to the starting point in Lantsch / Lenz.
Getting thereFollow the Road to Lenzerheide and continue to Lantsch/Lenz
ParkingA cross from the town hall
Author’s map recommendations
Basic Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.