Snowshoe hike up Bergün’s mountain where keen winter sports fans whizz down into the valley on skis and toboggans. Proceed to the summit of the Piz Darlux as you enjoy the peace and quiet along with the impressive views of the Bergünerstöcke peaks.
The chairlift takes you to the Alp Darlux above the tree line, from where a signposted snowshoe trail runs along the edge of the slope and continues along the ridge to the Piz Darlux. This one and a half-hour continuous ascent to 2,642 m above sea level affords a magnificent view of the Albula Valley and unobstructed views of the surrounding mountains including the Piz Ela and Piz Üertsch.
On your return you follow the same route back to the starting point at the Alp Darlux chairlift, this time with continual views of the Bergünerstöcke peaks, which are only slightly higher. If you still have time and energy, you can continue on the winter hiking trail to the La Diala restaurant and enjoy the view from the sun terrace.
Would you like to go on a guided snowshoe hike? Mark Sport Bergün offers guided tours on request.
EquipmentRental & guided tours:
Veja Alvra 46
Tel. +41 (0)81 407 11 65
Position: Centre of Bergün
Basic Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.